Hunting in Sunndal
Sunndal Fjellstyre manages the hunting rights for Statskog in Sunndal. Most of the rights are in Dovrefjell and Sunndalsfjella National Park. With its 480 km2 and about 100 fishing lakes this is an adventouros area for angelers, hunters and outdoors enthusiasts.
Small game hunt
Small game hunting season is from September 10th to December 23rd. The small game hunt in Sunndal is open for everyone. The terrain is mainly in the mountain area and ptarmigan is the dominating speices. The use of dogs are not allowed.
Hunting card for small game hunt in Sunndal you can buy at:
• Øra Sport og Fritid, 6600 Sunndalsøra
• Sunndal Sport, 6600 Sunndalsøra
• Esso Servicesenter, 6600 Sunndalsøra
Reindeer hunting, August 20th-September 15th
Application deadline May 15th for people living outside Sunndal. For more information: www.inatur.no.
Sunndal Fjellstyre rents out 4 cabins with boats in the hunting area.
• Torbudalshytta, Håkodalshytta and Karistu can be hired at Esso Service Center, 6600 Sunndalsøra. Tel. +47 979 94 940
• Storvassbua rented at Gjøra Handel, 6613 Gjøra. Tel +47 71 69 20:20
• All cottages can be booked for the season from 01 February
The cabins can be used from 15:00 the first day until 15:00 last day
Kristiansund and Nordmøre Turistforening have cabins in Sunndalsfjella. Catered, serviced and unserviced. Read more about this on www.kntur.no.